Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Crazy Gracie!

Do you ever have mornings where you feel like it's only 9:30am and you're already worn out?!


I got Grace out of bed this morning, we had a brief snuggle time which was nice and then things went like this.
Grace hears the garbage truck so she jumps down from the couch we're sitting on, runs to the other one and looks out the window. She excitedly chatters about the garbage truck. The truck goes "bye bye" so she looks around and sees my purse sitting by her (what luck, right?) she goes through the contents finds a whole pack of gum and does a little happy dance right then and there. Then she sees me eyeing her and immediately gets serious. She puts her hand up and yells, "stay couch, Mama!" That's Gracie for, "stay on that couch and don't you dare come take this away from me I found it fair and square!" I try to explain that she can't eat gum yet, confiscate the goods and purse and go to brush my teeth, inviting her to follow. She of course has other plans. Pretty soon I get a huge armful of swim diapers dumped at my feet with the demand, "go swimming Mama! Go swimming!" I explain that it isn't time to go swimming, plus it's overcast today, how about we have breakfast instead? I hurry and wash my face at this point and then go looking for the monkey only to find her sitting on the kitchen table drawing on the white table cloth with pen. I sigh. (HOW DID SHE GET UP THERE SO FAST?!) I LOVE being a Mom. Way more then I ever thought possible, and even these moments have their charm, but I still can't help feeling worn out somehow. I know that all of this morning, the full contents of which I won't divulge could have been avoided. I could have been a better parent, locked my purse in the closet last night, found a better place to stash a package of swim diapers and put her in a strait jacket to keep her off the table  made sure she had a fun activity to do before I tried washing my face, but MAN some days staying on your toes seems tough. I don't have the energy to be super Mom today, and yet Gracie doesn't have off days. She is on her busy toddler game each and every morning, bright eyed and bushy tailed, ready to explore and try new things. I LOVE that about her...some days I hate it. lol Like when the exploration includes table clothes, swimming diapers and chewing gum experiments. :)
Looking on the bright side though, I won't show pictures of disaster, instead I think I'll boost my spirits with pictures of fun things we HAVE been doing the past few days. We've spent EVERY spare moment outside and I have LOVED it!
 Playing in the pool with Daddy

He gets a little crazy, but she loves it!
 Chilling in between activities on the porch.
 Helping with projects in the garage. This day we were assembling the vanity I just refinished (pictures of that to come)
 "This drill is super heavy, Mom!"


 More pool time...
 Who knew $11.00 at Target could bring so much happiness?
 LOTS of gardening and pulling weeds!

My busy little helper. She mostly just likes playing in the watering can.



More swimming days! We amped up the fun a couple days ago with the slide. 

 Our neighbor and friend Lenzi and her daughter Oakley came over to play. Grace and Oakley are so funny to watch together, they crack me up!
climbing up the slide by herself.
She kept wanting to wait there for Oakley to come down. Not the best spot to pick...

Love this little face. Even if she does refuse to smile for the camera. lol

Down the slide!

Cute little Oakley going down the slide

"Swimmin swimmin Mama!"



Another method of cooling off that she likes is sucking on an ice cube.
"My mouth is frozen"



Chillin in the sun on the deck with her Mama

So basically we've been doing swimming, swimming, a little work and a lot more swimming. lol

How do you keep your kiddos busy in the summer time? Especially all those crazy toddlers?!

2 comments: