Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, July 29, 2013

Zoo Boise


So this Saturday we decided to drive to Boise together and take Grace to the zoo there. We haven't made a trip to Boise as a family since we moved here, and really that is sad since it's only 2 hours away. It was HOT, we're talking 95 degrees at least, but the zoo is actually shaded really well. It was small, but a lot of fun!

The first picture of the day actually got a smile. Too bad she didn't want to do it while looking at the camera. :(

The second time I asked for a smile, I got this...it's a work in progress...

After a quick lunch at the park, Grace requested some time on the swings


Next she found some geese to chase. The one with its head up was hissing something fierce however, so I didn't let her get any closer. lol

It changed its mind when Daddy stepped in. :)

This little river area behind them had little paddle boats that you could rent for a half hour, and I am kicking myself for not doing it because i think it would have been Grace's favorite part of the trip. She LOVED walking around following the ducks and geese, probably even more then the zoo we paid 20.00 to see. lol We were going to do it, but they only take cash and I didn't have enough on hand, and Craig had left his wallet in the car. Oh well, next time for sure!




She was chattering away at this duck, and he seemed very much to be listening. Although to be honest, I think he was really hoping she had some bread on hand.



She was telling me all about the trees in this one. 


Such a cutie. Her other bow she declared was "hurting!" so it's in the car in her car seat where she ripped it out, should you be wondering. ;)




These pictures are a little blurry, but hopefully you can see the baby monkey clinging to its Mother's belly. It was SO cute!


She really liked all the changing lights in the tank with the jelly fish

There was a crying baby by this exhibit and I don't know for sure if that was what was doing it, but this cat was going crazy!!


Gracie was a big fan of the "money's!"

This is her telling me about them

She walked for most of her time at the zoo. Strollers have NEVER been her favorite thing.

She is a lot better about holding my hand these days.
Petting the sheep was another favorite

I wish I had video'd this part, she was telling us all about the sheep and the goats and how they are "nice." and "Silly, silly goats!" 

This zoo had a lot of things for kids to play on, like this giraffe slide which she thought was pretty cool!

The butterfly exhibit had HUNDREDS of butterfly's. VERY cool!



Next it was time to get in the car for the long drive home. She was upset until I gave her water with a "traw!"

Lots of outdoor fun = LOTS of water. I'm not sure I've ever seen her drink that much in one sitting!

And then we were going to go for snow cones...but someone was out like a light so we decided we better just head home.
VERY fun trip to Boise, we will be back soon for sure!!








1 comment:

  1. Oh Nice. She did have such a good time! And even slept on the way home. What a great trip!

    ReplyDelete