Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

My Birthday

     So as I am wayyy behind in posting things, I thought I'd start at the beginning of our year (you know, cause that's a very good place to start), which brings me to....my birthday. :) I'm getting so OLD! But I have to say, being a grown up is a lot more fun than everyone made it sound when I was a kid, I've thoroughly enjoyed it thus far.
     For my birthday this year Craig took me out on a date, with no children thanks to some great friends, and we had a blast. It was just dinner, dessert and a redbox but it was nice to get out and stretch our dating muscles again, and I'll take all the alone time with my man that I can GET! Another thing that made it fun was that we found a restaurant that we really like! It's taken us some exploring over the last two and a half years, but I think this is restaurant #3 that we have found, that we really enjoy. This is so going to sound like a restaurant review since most of the pictures we took that night were pics of food...sorry. Such a 2014 thing to do. ;) But without further ado, a few pictures from "The Slice"...
As a general rule, we don't order appetizers. My personal thoughts are that it makes the meal expensive, and fills your belly with really fatty unhealthy foods BEFORE you even order the main dish. I just think they aren't a good deal all way around, but Craig could totally see me drooling over their cheese board appetizer and it was awesome. Next time I'll forget the pizza and just order this. It was flat bread, some thin Italian meats, goat cheese, blue cheese and a fresh mozzarella, some local organic honey that was some of the best honey I've ever had, and a balsamic vinegar glaze both for drizzling over the whole thing. It was pricey, but as Craig said, "it pretty much doesn't get more 'Dorothy' when it comes to food" lol and it was a very fun birthday treat. 



The Pizza that we ordered was kind of similar in that it also had the prosciutto etc and was topped with goat cheese, arugula and drizzled with their fantastic honey. Totally my fault that I ordered the same thing in pizza form, but it was awesome and my birthday so I get to do that, right? ;)



After dinner we decided to head to Baskin Robins for an ice cream cone...




My pistachio almond ice cream cone.

Husband always gets his in a cup. Silly husband cups are for boring people who think they are too grown up for cones. ;) jk


Did I mention I got birthday presents?! lol I Always love waiting to see what husband is going to end up wrapping my presents in. It never disappoints. ;)

And a last birthday kiss before going to pick up the hoodlums. I don't know which I like better, alone time with husband or picking up my tiny crazies and seeing how much they missed us. We'll call it a draw. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment