Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Food!


Sure love food. Or do I love making it, more? hmmm...not sure, we'll call it a draw. Here are a couple of recipes we have played with recently. We'll start with dessert first and may I add that I am all for healthy food, however the following is rather the opposite of that. It's not horrible, King size your candy bar unhealthy but yea, you'll get the picture. 
Blueberry Lemon Rolls. Just reading the name made my insides happy. I love the sweetness of blueberries, and I LOVE the flavor and tartness of lemons, not to mention they are both beautiful, so putting them together couldn't produce something ugly or gross, could it? I'll post the link to the blog I got them from at the bottom, but basically you just make your favorite sweet roll dough,


and then you create lemon sugar by mixing lemon zest with regular white sugar on a plate, until it's kinda of tacky to the touch. 

 Roll out your dough just like you would for cinnamon rolls, cover it to the edges with melted butter and then lay down all that Lemony sugar goodness, and top with all your amazing blueberries. One trick I learned is that if you coat the blueberries with a couple TBS. of flour, it keeps them from leaking their blueberry goodness all over and making the dough a grey color. Then you roll them up and bake them like normal cinnamon rolls! They're amazing. We put a lemon glaze over the top and Craig was a huge fan. I was a little hmm...perturbed? at him when we made these however. Craig has this, "the more sweet the better" philosophy that I do not share. I like things that are sweet, but not TOO sweet.
 Anyways, I put glaze on the last batch of these and went to get Grace ready for bed, and my stinker husband went behind me and dumped ALL the rest of the glaze on them. Needless I say I went to have one the next morning and it was WAY. TOO. MUCH. Too much of a good thing is so possible. So Mr. Taylor, here is a warning to you, stay out of my kitchen! ;) 







I sent him a “hey, you better watch your back” kind of text before throwing mine away and I got one back that said, “oh no! I’m sorry, how about I make it up to you by bringing home some Ben and Jerry’s tonight?” Wow, he’s good at buttering me up. I happen to know, he doesn't even like Ben and Jerry’s. I declined. I'd had enough sugar for a while, but you just can’t stay mad after an offer like that. ;)


 http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2012/11/blueberry-lemon-sweet-rolls/


3 comments: