Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Gracie


So Lately Grace has started to get this silly mischievous sense of humor and it is cracking us up. She "gets it" if you will. I love seeing her little thought processes at work. Anyways, I was thinking this morning that maybe I would share a couple of the latest ones.

A couple days ago I was in the living room doing homework (surprise!...oh...wait..nope. Not surprise.) and Gracie was in my room playing. I heard what sounded like my makeup bag being taken off the shelf and seeing the mailman drop mail in the slot by our door I tried distracting her with, "Hey Grace, come check the mail!" She LOVES checking the mail, so sure enough she comes toddling in saying, "mail mail" walks over, opens it up and then starts cracking up, walks over to me still giggling and says, "no no Mamma!" and then laughs again like she thought I'd tricked her. I had JUST seen the mailman put mail in there so I wasn't sure what she was thinking and said, "Gracie go check the mail, there is mail in there!" She toddles over to the mail again, opens the slot and then giggles again and says, "no no NO, Mama!" and then keeps laughing like she thought it was the funniest thing that I thought there was mail in there. Totally confused I went and opened the slot and sure enough there was nothing in there. It had gotten stuck up at the top and hadn't fallen down.



Grace woke up this morning whimpering and crying, still half asleep like she was having a bad dream or something. I never do this, but since it was still super early, and she seemed so distressed I made her a half of a bottle and brought her all bundled up into bed with me to cuddle for a while. Needless to say she was pretty darn excited. She sat next to me and cuddled while she drank her bottle and then when she'd had enough of that she just lay there and the following conversation took place. Grace, "Mom?" Me, "yes Gracie?" G wiggles her nose like a bunny. Me, "you like bunnies, huh? They are very soft and warm and cuddly like you!" Grace, "Mom?" Me, "Yes Grace" G, "Rawr!" Me, "Tigers? You like tigers huh? Are there tigers in the book we read yesterday?" Grace, "Mom?" Me, "yes Grace?" G, "Meow!" you get the picture. So this went on through just about every word she knows while I got a little pretended shut eye until I feel her breath on my face and she leans over, "Mom?" Me, still with my eyes closed, "yes Grace." G, "MILK! she then proceeds to violently shake her bottle of milk ALL over my face, laughing and giggling her little head off. lol SUCH a stinker!!!!  

 


2 comments: