Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, February 18, 2013

Grilled Naan Panini with Roasted Red Pepper, Portabello Mushroom and Goat Cheese


This Recipe was AWESOME!!!!! My new favorite for sure! I love sandwiches. I've been told I inherited my love of sandwiches and cereal from my Grandma Anderson on my Dad's side; or rather from my Dad who in turn got it from my Grandma. But anyways, with this of course, comes a love for hot sandwiches; and panini's, when made well, are just plain awesome.

I failed to get good pictures which makes me mad, because everything was so pretty, but I'll try to do the recipe briefly and then give you the two shots that I did manage to take at the end.

Here is the link I took it from first off. http://bsinthekitchen.com/grilled-portobello-mushroom-roasted-red-pepper-goat-cheese-wrap/

The ingredients I used were 2 large pieces of yummy flat bread. We used Indian Naan which is one of our favorites. 2 Portabello mushrooms, garlic, 1 half of a white onion (purple would have been good too), 1 red bell pepper cut in halves, garlic, salt, pepper, fresh basil leaves, and crumbled goat cheese. SOOO YUMMY PEOPLE!

Ok, so one of the first things you should know if you've never roasted or broiled mushrooms in your oven before is that you do NOT want to clean the pan afterwards. I always line mine with foil now. I just placed the peppers, onions and mushrooms in a shallow dish lined with foil and then I put a tiny bit of olive oil, some salt and pepper, basil, and minced garlic over the top. Then I set the oven to 450 and cooked them till the mushroom was cooked through (it will shrink in size considerably) and the peppers were blackened around the edges. 
Then you just take out the veggies, cut them all into strips and place them on top of one half of your two pieces of flat bread, and crumble goat cheese over the top. NOT all goat cheese is created equal. Some of it is very um...grassy? in taste, and some is very mild. The stuff we bought was made by Woolwich Dairy Line Inc. (blue package with a picture of a goat on the front) and was REALLY mild. Almost too mild for my taste, but was really creamy and yummy too. Ok, almost done! So lastly you just fold over the flat bread to make a sandwich and either grill the whole thing (we used Craig's little Foreman) or you could even fry it for a minute on each side. Basically it melted the cheese and toasted the outside, while leaving the inside of the bread really soft and yummy. And...TADA!!!


Ok, these pictures do not EVEN do it justice. The link I gave you has better ones if you aren't convinced yet that this is a MUST make!!! 

2 comments:

  1. MMMMMMMmmmmmm.Costco has very affordable goat cheese. Alena had goat cheese toast for breakfast. Funny picky girl.I might have to have that for dinner. Oh wait, I have no mushrooms. Well, something like it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I am going to make these for sure :)

    ReplyDelete