Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentines Day!



I must admit I haven't ALWAYS been a huge Valentines Day supporter. Not because I didn't have someone to celebrate it with, or because I felt like it was the day I DIDN'T want to be single. To be perfectly honest I didn't like it because I've always had a hatred of red and pink put together, they so DO clash. And sometimes the Holiday just looks SO tacky. Now if you've been in King's, WalMart or RiteAid, or any other cheap store about this time, you will know what I'm talking about. But also, I'll illustrate. 

I mean come ON people. Now before you think I was this...

Please know it was more like this...





So this year I may have mentioned somewhere else that my husband accused me of never doing anything sappy or romantic (WHAT?!) so I decided I better get more into the spirit of things. And I have to say we've had a lot of fun with Valentines Day this year.
I did keep away from the bright glittery red and pink together thing. I decided I'm more of a vintage Valentines celebrator. 
Think not so much this...
And more this...
Their cute, right?!

First off Grace and I made hearts for the window. She had a LOT of fun doing it. It got so caotic that I tried to skip out on her and started doing it on a high table she couldn't reach and the little Sue had a complete melt down, she was SO upset when she realized I'd moved it where she couldn't reach it. So I decided since it's a holiday thing that we should do it together, even if she did attempt to eat a half a dozen of them. ;) 


So I failed to get a decent picture of them, but you get the idea. 

The second fun thing we did was to make some Valentines for Craig. I made him 14 paper Valentines and then tried to hide them around the house where he would find one every day. I was a little worried he would think they were silly but he loved it. I forgot a few days and he came in to remind me he needed one several times before he left for work. lol



Now I know you all want to know what kinds of things I write IN my Valentines, but I certainly can't show you that, so I guess you'll have to settle for seeing the outside! ;)

So that has been our preparation for the Holiday. 
This morning I woke up to my husband coming in our room, I thought so that we could have our morning prayer before he took off, but he climbed back in bed with me and said he had a meeting 5 minutes from home and wouldn't have to leave for another 2 hours. HURRAY! Best Valentines ever! The second surprise was getting  up and finding a lovely letter and flowers on my table, also from my love. (which was an especial surprise as we kind of have a no flowers on Valentines rule. I MADE the rule after finding out how much MORE flowers cost on Valentines, it's absurd! But these were beautiful, and I'm not complaining. ;) 
We bought Gracie a pink stuffed bear for her gift, but she was in the store with us when we bought it so it wasn't as exciting for her as I would have liked. I uploaded a video of it but for some reason there wasn't any sound. :( Totally lame. Oh well, in a nut shell she was way more excited about blueberries and yogurt with breakfast than she was about the bear. lol 

I didn't take any today of today, but here are a few pictures of her feeding herself, "gurt!" (she's only actually said it once but I cracked up)




You get the picture. lol 
Well, cheerio!  And whether you are single, married, dating someone, divorced, old, young, a guy a girl or a monkey, I hope you have a fabulous Valentines Day and share "the love" with someone you care about! (Or even just remotely like, that's ok too!






3 comments:

  1. so cute! Next year I am stealing your idea with the notes wrapped up for G.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool notes! I wanted to see the shoes though!

    ReplyDelete